Best of Communities Magazine – Volume II
Communities magazine is the leading publication for all topics related to intentional community. From the broad-stroked overviews to the intimate details, this quarterly publication covers it all. With so much content to explore, we’ve distilled it into a single compilation!
Seeking and Visiting Community
Are you curious about living in intentional community? Number one advise: visit first! Not only because reality may not align exactly with your mental image, but because what you think you want and what you actually want aren’t necessarily the same thing. And it’s far cheaper to discover that before you sell your home and move to another zip code.
In this book you’ll learn how to:
- get the most out of your visit
- properly set up a visit
- put your hosts at ease
- ask the right questions
The articles inside will also provide tips to communities themselves on how to deal optimally with community-seekers.
You will recognize authors leading the intentional community movement, representing cutting-edge thinking and how-to explorations of the social, ecological, and economic aspects of sustainable living.
Volume II includes the following articles:
- Red Carpets and Slammed Doors: Visiting Communities by Geoph Kozeny, Directory 2007
- Visiting Communities: Tips for Guests and Hosts by Julie Pennington, #122
- The Art and Ethics of Visitor Programs by Blake Cothron, #155
- Planning a Community Visit by Julie Pennington, #122
- Excerpts from a Community Seeker’s Journal by Sue Stone, #122
- The Dilettante’s Journey, Part I: How Do You Pick a Community to Join if You’re Interested in . . . EVERYTHING? by Frank Beaty, #132
- The Dilettante’s Journey, Part II: How Do You Pick a Community to Join if You’re Interested in . . . EVERYTHING? by Frank Beaty, #133
- What Interns and Work Exchangers Say About Us by Darin Fenger, #134
- Wilderness Journeys Meet Cooperative Culture: Teens in Community on the Trail by Mary Murphy, #160
- A Mental Health Patient Seeks (But Does Not Find) Religious Community by John Wachter, #150
- Nashira: An Ecovillage from the Grassroots by Giovanni Ciarlo, #156
- Ecovillage Radio by Russ Purvis, #156
- Hopeful New Stories from the Old World: A New We by Chris Roth, #150
- Cycling toward Sustainable Community: Within Reach by Chris Roth, #157
Volume II is part of a 15-volume compilation of the Best of Communities magazine. The set includes over 200 articles about intentional communities from the 1990’s and 2000’s. Purchase the entire set and save!
Communities magazine is now published by GEN-US
For over 30 years, the Foundation for Intentional Community had the pleasure to publish Communities magazine.
Although we are no longer its publisher, Communities is still alive and thriving with GEN-US. Subscribe to the magazine today!