Best of Communities Magazine
Communities magazine is the leading publication for all topics related to intentional community. From the broad-stroked overviews to the intimate details, this quarterly publication covers it all. With so much content to explore, we’ve distilled it into a single compilation!
Volume VII – Relationships, Intimacy, Health, and Well-Being
A key component of living in community is developing and maintaining healthy relationships based on compassion, emotional depth, and authenticity. Oftentimes, the emphasis is on quality of connection, not the ability to fit relationships neatly into the traditional categories of nuclear family and binary identities.
In this book you will learn:
- the range of relationships that exist and develop inside community
- how community can provide a precious safety net when members face devastating health challenges
- how community offers hope for coping sensitively with mental health issues in the era of de-institutionalization
- the ways that communities are pioneering an attempt to redefine security in terms of relationships
You will recognize authors leading the intentional community movement, representing cutting-edge thinking and how-to explorations of the social, ecological, and economic aspects of sustainable living.
Volume VII includes the following articles:
- G8 by Lawrence Siskind, #146
- Growing Family in Community by Ma’ikwe Ludwig, #146
- What’s Masculine, What’s Feminine, and What Am I? by Mollie Curry, #138
- Relationships in the Crucible by Lawrence Siskind, #118
- Relationship by Consensus by Tree Bressen, #118
- Breaking Up (While Staying in Community) by Kristina Jansen, #118
- “Make It or Break It” by Ma’ikwe Ludwig, #118
- Honesty and Intimacy by Damien Friedlund, #151
- Living Outside the Box by Larry Kaplowitz, #118
- Permaculture by Starhawk, #152
- Growing a Culture of Community Health and Well-Being at Earthaven Ecovillage by Arjuna da Silva, #145
- Lessons from the Orchard: A PEACH of a Health Care Plan by Laird Schaub, #145
- Making Lymeade: Turning Mid-Life Crisis into Opportunity by Ma’ikwe Schaub Ludwig, #158
- Gut Health by Dona Willoughby, #145
- Artabana Solidarity Communities: New Paths for an Integrated Health Care System in Germany by Ina Meyer-Stoll, #145
- Mental Illness in Community: What Can We Offer? by Rajal Cohen, Directory 2000
- Rx for “Mental Illness”: Caring Community by Brian Toomey, #150
Volume VII is part of a 15-volume compilation of the Best of Communities magazine. The set includes over 200 articles about intentional communities from the 1990’s and 2000’s. Purchase the entire set and save!
Communities magazine is now published by GEN-US
For over 30 years, the Foundation for Intentional Community had the pleasure to publish Communities magazine.
Although we are no longer its publisher, Communities is still alive and thriving with GEN-US. Subscribe to the magazine today!